The farmer's markets, the green, the thunderstorms... It is almost summer, but it still feels like spring. The rain continues, the cool temperatures at night, it's hard to believe that school is letting out and unbearable heat could be right around the corner.
It's been a year since I made the decision to live a less processed life. I've definitely seen some progress but I still have a long way to go.
The Progress:
- I've lost 24 lbs
- I've switched a lot of my household products to naturally based items
- My pantry is full of more organic, less processed foods
- I'm trying to grow more veggies at home, depending less on outside sources for food
- I've been getting more in touch with things that bring me peace: art and yoga
The Long Way Still Ahead:
- I still have about 20-some more pounds I'd like to lose
- I've found myself eating more processed items recently
- My fridge is almost empty, no veggies, nothing fresh, nothing to cook
- I need to find continuity in the things that make me happy, some of which I can't control
But, overall, as I peer out to next week, when I'll turn 30 (aggggghhh!!), I'm pretty content with what I've accomplished. I'm in much better shape, emotionally, physically, etc.
I'm looking forward to see what I can do with the next year.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment